This release contains support for many more languages than before (Swedish, Kurdish, Ethiopic, Serbian, many Indian languages). The search path for tables is now a list of paths. Finally there is the usual assortment of bug fixes.
- New features
- Improved the documentation
- Bug fixes
- Braille Table Improvements
Multiple table search path
The environment variable
LOUIS_TABLEPATH can now contain a list of paths (separated by commas) where liblouis should look for tables. This allows the user to keep local tables.
--quiet option for
lou_checktable writes to stderr even in the case of success. This can now be suppressed with the new option
New Swedish table
A new table for Swedish braille has been provided by Samuel Thibault.
New table for Sorani (Kurdish)
A new table for Sorani (Kurdish) Braille has been donated by Peter Engström from Index Braille
New table for Ethiopic
A new table for Ethiopic Braille has been donated by Tamru E. Belay PH.D from Adaptive Technology Center for the Blind (ATCB)
New table for Serbian
A new table for Serbian Braille has been donated by Peter Engström from Index Braille
Improved the documentation
The deprecated opcodes have been moved to a separate section
- Fixed a long standing bug with an infinite loop in the table compiler
Braille Table Improvements
- Improvements to the Chinese braille table
- Improvements to the Flemish Braille Math Code tables
- Improvements to the Dutch Braille tables
- Improvements to the Spanish Braille tables.
- Fixes for the uncontracted French 6 and 8 dot tables
- Improved support for Italian 8 dot
- Improvements to the Generic Arabic Grade 1 table