This release contains major updates to Arabic, Dutch 8-dot computer braille, German, Russian computer braille, Ukrainian computer braille and Uzbek. Also there are new tables for Israeli multi-language Hebrew/Arabic/English braille and Malay. Aside from that there have been many code cleanups and bug fixes.
For a detailed list of all the changes refer to the list of closed issues.
- New features
- Bug fixes
- Braille table improvements
- Other changes
- Deprecation notice
- Backwards incompatible changes
- Invisible changes
- New, renamed or removed tables
- Add new test mode in
lou_checkyamlfor testing display tables. Thanks to Bert Frees.
- Work around a bug that causes an endless loop in French uncontracted braille thanks to André-Abush Clause.
Braille table improvements
- Updates to the Russian computer braille table thanks to Andrey Yakuboy:
- Fixed diacritics, Greek letters and Hebrew.
- Added new Cyrillic letters.
- Fixed several minor bugs.
- New table for Uzbek braille thanks to BAUM Engineering.
- New table for Ukrainian computer braille thanks to Andrey Yakuboy and Oleh Shpai.
- Improvements to Arabic thanks to Ikrami Ahmad and Mada, Qatar Assistive Technology Center.
- Added a lot of new symbols (algebra, geometry, Greek, etc.) to the grade 1 table.
- Changed some symbols for less conflicts with grade 2.
- Implemented letter sign / grade 1 indicator to cancel numbers and inhibit contractions when in grade 2.
- Updated 8-dot computer braille table for better (easier to memorize) presentation of basic math symbols and punctuation marks.
- Improved back-translation.
- Improvement to German thanks to Bue Vester-Andersen.
- Removed superfluous letter sign before certain lesser-used accented letters.
- Final version of Dutch 8-dot computer braille table thanks to Leonard de Ruijter.
- New Israeli multi-language Hebrew/Arabic/English tables for both uncontracted and computer braille. Thanks to BAUM Engineering and Erez Kugler from TSR Gaash.
- New table for grade 2 Malay braille (Malaysia) thanks to Herbert Koh.
- You can now use up to 256
noletsigncharacters in a table, thanks to Christian Egli.
- Major improvements to the documentation for the Standing Alone Sequences and their related opcodes such as
seqdelimiterand also clarifications regarding the
endcapsopcodes thanks to Bue Vester-Andersen.
classopcode has been deprecated in favor of
attribute, which has been enhanced to do everything
Backwards incompatible changes
New, renamed or removed tables
- This table has long been superseded by
- This table was a step on the way to defining a Danish 8 dot standard. The table was referring to an old Danish Braille note-taker from the 80s and 90s, which is not used any more.
- fi1.ctb and fi2.ctb
- These tables are obsolete. Use