Liblouis Release 3.8.0
03 Dec 2018 - Liblouis
The major focus of this release is on braille table updates. There are major updates to German, Arabic, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, Czech, Latvian, Spanish and Ethiopic. Some of these new tables have only been possible because Bert Frees fixed some nasty long standing bugs behind the scene. Also there is the usual assortment of code improvements and cleanups.
For a detailed list of all the changes refer to the list of closed issues.
- New features
- Bug fixes
- Braille table improvements
- Other changes
- Deprecation notice
- Backwards incompatible changes
- New, renamed or removed tables
- Fix support more than 4 classes thanks to Bert Frees.
- Fix capitalization of words that match
nocontrules thanks to Bert Frees.
Braille table improvements
- Defined the undefined character for the Czech tables thanks to Jan Hegr.
- Improvements to Unified English braille thanks to Mike Gray
- Updated the Dutch table to the new 2017.1 braille standard thanks to Davy Kager.
- Improvements to the Polish grade 1 table, to make back-translations of diacritics working
- Fixes to Latvian braille table thanks to Gatis Grintals and Artis Raugulis.
- Improvements to traditional Mainland Chinese braille and two-cell Chinese Braille thanks to Sunian Loomee.
- Update Bopomofo-based Chinese Braille to version 2018-11 thanks to Bo-Cheng Jhan
- Correct the default braille pattern of many Chinese characters
- Add various Chinese phrases involving exceptions of braille patterns
- Modify dot patterns of dashes for readability reasons
- Added a table for Turkish grade 2 thanks to Uğur Gürbüz and Simon Aittamaa
- Major upgrade to the German tables. They have been upgraded to Das System der deutschen Brailleschrift (2018). They are much smaller now as they are based on
lou_maketable. As they now work for any locale (be it Switzerland or Germany) they have been merged into one set of tables for the different grades. Thanks to Christian Waldvogel.
- New table for Arabic contracted braille thanks to Ikrami Ahmad.
- New table for Arabic computer braille thanks to Ikrami Ahmad.
- Improvements to Ethiopic thanks to Tamru E. Belay.
- New table for Spanish contracted braille thanks to Juan Pablo Bello.
- Updated the
lou_tracetest tools to include all the mode flags described in the documentation of the
lou_translateString()function, thanks to Bue Vester-Andersen
Backwards incompatible changes
pass1Onlyflag has been deprecated for a while and is now removed from the code, thanks to Bue Vester-Andersen.
New, renamed or removed tables
- de-de-accents.cti -> de-accents.cti
- de-de-g0.utb -> de-g0.utb
- de-de-g1.ctb -> de-g1.ctb
- de-de-g2.ctb -> de-g2.ctb
- de-ch-g0.utb -> de-g0.utb
- de-ch-g1.ctb -> de-g1.ctb
- de-ch-g2.ctb -> de-g2.ctb
- Liblouis Release 3.7.0
- Liblouis Release 3.6.0
- Liblouis Release 3.5.0
- Liblouis Release 3.4.0
- Docker images
- Liblouis Release 3.3.0
- Liblouis Release 3.2.0
- Liblouis Release 3.1.0
- Liblouis Release 3.0.0
- Send To Braille Windows Shortcut
- Liblouis Release 2.6.5
- Liblouis Release 2.6.4
- Liblouisutdml Release 2.6.0
- Liblouis Release 2.6.3
- Liblouis Release 2.6.2
- Liblouis Release 2.6.1
- Liblouis Release 2.6.0
- Liblouis moves to a time based release schedule
- Maintainership succession
- Liblouis Release 2.5.4
- Liblouis Release 2.5.3
- Liblouis Release 2.5.2
- Liblouis Release 2.5.1
- Liblouis Release 2.5.0
- Liblouis Release 2.4.1
- Liblouis Release 2.4.0
- Article about John J. Boyer in the The DAISY Planet
- Liblouisxml Release 2.4.0
- Liblouis Release 2.3.0
- Liblouis Release 2.2.0
- Liblouis Release 2.1.1
- Liblouis Release 2.1.0
- Liblouis Release 2.0.0
- Liblouis Release 1.9.0
- Liblouisxml Release 2.1.0
- Liblouis Release 1.8.0
- Liblouisxml Release 2.0.0
- Liblouis Release 1.7.0
- Liblouis Release 1.6.2
- Liblouisxml Release 1.9.1
- Liblouis Release 1.6.1
- Liblouisxml Release 1.9.0
- Liblouis Release 1.6.0
- Liblouisxml Release 1.8.0
- Liblouis Release 1.5.0